It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am

Goch - new sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

puciak

Goch - new sample set

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 2:53 pm

After a longer break, I released a new sample set. It is a 42-stop organ built in 2015 by Romanus Seifert und Sohn from Germany. It is located in Goch, Germany. It fits perfectly for French romantic music and it is quite a versatile instrument. It was already presented by Richard McVeigh on his Youtube channel in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQq8Z4bhpY . I hope you will like it!

More details can be found on my website https://piotrgrabowski.pl
Piotr Grabowski - Virtual Pipe Organ Sample Sets
https://piotrgrabowski.pl

smfrank

Re: Goch - new sample set

PostSun May 01, 2022 6:09 am

Lovely set.
Very dramatic intro, YouTube video with Richard McVeigh demonstrating the instrument and at the climax of the Durufle the website went live.
I purchased it immediately. I try to support all sample set producers and this was a spectacular introduction!
The set is great, but I haven’t had too much time to spend yet, but a very welcome feature is pedal divide. I think all organs should have this.
Steve

B777Captain

PostFri May 06, 2022 4:08 am

With my limited knowledge of most of our HW samples, would most of you say (none of you?) that this organ is quite similar to the Goerlitz?

I would really like to get this organ, but being mostly aware of a sample’s acoustics which I tend to use for my decision when purchasing a sample set, it seems somewhat similar….. or am I just wrong on this???

I really enjoyed hearing Richard McVeigh playing it and it made me think: Have I actually just not explored the Goerlitz enough and probably have something similar already in my collection of samples.

Would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions and comparisons (if you think there are some between these two samples).

Thanks

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mnailor

PostFri May 06, 2022 11:49 am

I wouldn't think Goch and Goerlitz would overlap in style very much. Goch is deliberately a modern take on French symphonic -- more like Caen, Oloron, Metz, Nancy, and St Omer. Goerlitz is a modern take on German romantic and baroque. There might be some similarities, but those wouldn't be fundamental to the style.

I don't have either, so I could be wrong. My wife tells me that has happened more than once, though I don't remember it that way.

B777Captain

PostFri May 06, 2022 7:13 pm

Lol….

Thanks MNailor!!!!
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

B777Captain

PostFri May 06, 2022 7:15 pm

And by the way…. Piotr…

I LOVE THIS SAMPLESET!!!! Well done once again!!!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to Hauptwerk instruments