It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am

New Sampleset: Anton Bayr Weng (Austria) - Forestpipes

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

tf11972

New Sampleset: Anton Bayr Weng (Austria) - Forestpipes

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 2:06 am

Today I release my new sampleset of the small baroque organ from Anton Bayr in Weng im Innkreis (Austria), built in 1774.

History:
According to previous literature, Anton Bayr was supposed to have been born in Heidingsfeld (today's district of Würzburg), but there is no record of this in the books. On 10 May 1745 he married in the Munich Liebfrauenkirche (today's cathedral), whereby his place of origin was given as "Weltingsfelden in Franckhen". Presumably, this means today's Weldingsfelden, a district of Ingelfingen in the Hohenlohekreis (Baden-Württemberg). In fact, Anton Bayr's baptism on 21 February 1715 was also recorded in the church records of Jagstberg, which belonged to Weldingsfelden.

Anton Bayr ran his organ building workshop in Munich and built numerous organs in Bavaria, including Weng until 1779. Here he built the organ with one manual, pedal and 10 stops in 1774. In 1828 a first repair was carried out by Anton Schwarzmayr, Wippenham/Innviertel. Franz Sales Ehrlich (Braunau am Inn) rebuilt the organ in 1870: New bellows and new console with view to the high altar. In 1911 the organ was repaired a second time, during which 5 new stops (Gamba 8′, Principal 8′, Philomele 8′, Bordun 8′, Octavbass 8′) were also installed. The instrument was exempt from the duty to hand in the facade pipes during World War I, because these had previously been painted over and were thus considered inferior. In 1941 Matthäus Mauracher (Salzburg) repaired the organ again and installed an electric blower. A final repair was carried out in 1970 by Gottfried Seitz, St. Florian near Linz. He rebuilt the short octave to a chromatic tone sequence from E and replaced the 8′ Philomele with a 4′ Flute. Since then, the organ fell into disrepair and became increasingly unplayable. In 2008, an organ-builders' association was founded, which sought to reactivate the organ, although due to the pending church renovation, another 10 years passed before the organ issue was taken up again. In the course of this, the historical value of the organ was recognised, as it was one of three instruments by Anton Bayr still preserved in Weng, whereby the one in Weng still had 60% of the historical pipe material. It quickly became clear that the aim should be to restore the organ to its original condition, and several organ-building firms from all over Europe were asked to submit a bid. The contract was finally awarded to the firm of Orgelbau Edskes from Switzerland. In the course of this work, the historic case was restored and the crowning clock was set in motion again. The restored instrument was inaugurated on 10 July 2021.

More information about the sampleset you will find here (Please click on the photo):
LINK

There are several recordings on Contrebombarde, here is an example:
LINK

Paul Fey is demonstrating the sampleset on his youtube channel this evening:
LINK

The sampleset is also available from my resellers. Please consider that I cannot offer a demo set due to the small size of the instrument.
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

DomD

Re: New Sampleset: Anton Bayr Weng (Austria) - Forestpipes

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 5:00 am

Just payed.... I'm waiting for the links

tf11972

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 5:29 am

Already sent :-)
Best regards
Thomas

DomD

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 12:50 pm

tf11972 wrote:Already sent :-)

Downloaded, installed and played.... it's a success ! VIelen Dank !

tf11972

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Thank you! Get well soon.

A video about the restoration of the organ (only in german):
https://youtu.be/AFVmNP4AMNA
Best regards
Thomas

Return to Hauptwerk instruments