It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

Végh & Bencz Organ from Lenti (Hungary) - new!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Végh & Bencz Organ from Lenti (Hungary) - new!

PostFri Aug 19, 2022 3:07 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Végh & Bencz Organ of the St. Michaels Parish Church from Lenti (Hungary) . The organ has two manual and pedal and 18 original and 5 extended stops.

Lenti is a small town in Western Hungary, close to the Slovenian border. Its population is 7,500. This region was already inhabited in Roman times, and in the Middle Ages there was a castle here. In the 20th century, Lenti became a border town according to the Trianon decision, and after that it only developed very little, until recent times.
The medieval church was destroyed during the Turkish occupation. The parish church of St. Michael was built in 1692 and then expanded in the 1750s. It was then that it acquired its current baroque style form.

The original organ was a manual organ with 6 registers, made in the 1770s. The church's current organ was made by György Bencz and Károly Végh B, master organ builders , in 1883. The organ, which was almost completely destroyed over time, was reconstructed and expanded by master István Kiss from Szombathely based on the designs of Lukács Áment. The organ has 2 manuals, 17 registers, mechanical structure, early romantic style with baroque features.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=438 Hz. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church.
Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 and v7 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Stereo near, stereo far and six-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, and far and rear recordings.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 6 GB, the surround version requires 12 GB for 24-bit loading.
We created an IR Reverb file for Hauptwerk 5-7 users, which we recommend for the near version.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
Special thanks to my friend Dezső Papp, who arranged for the organ to be recorded. My friend cantor Dezső Papp obtained permission to record many of my organ recordings from Western Hungary, without his help I wouldn't have half as many organ samples.
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.
(Augustine)

StephenM

Re: Végh & Bencz Organ from Lenti (Hungary) - new!

PostSat Aug 27, 2022 6:29 am

Augustine,
Thx for this sample. Very clear and manageable.
This organ is probably very much like the organ that the majority of organists play.

The price could also be manageable.
I look forward to you including it in one of your composite sets.

Thank you
Stephen

takatsa

Re: Végh & Bencz Organ from Lenti (Hungary) - new!

PostWed Aug 31, 2022 12:07 pm

StephenM wrote:This organ is probably very much like the organ that the majority of organists play.
I look forward to you including it in one of your composite sets.

Dear Stephen,
Indeed, this is a fairly common organ size and disposition in Hungarian small-town organs as well. Its special feature is the warm and soft sound and the beautiful acoustics. I made composites mainly when I started working with Hauptwerk, in 2013, and I made the last composite in 2018. This was important to me because I learned and practiced the basics of the Hauptwerk xml file when creating the composite. I do not intend to make new composites, but when making samples, I always make a small extension in addition to the original state, so that all the dormant possibilities of the organ can be used. Best regards,
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments