It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

Maihingen organ by Prospectum (not a typo!)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

vpo-organist

Re: Maihingen organ by Prospectum (not a typo!)

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 11:21 am

Adri asked me several times to delete my message. I deleted the reference to his deleted message.

About the Maihingen, Adri wrote something like, "Prospectum won't like what I have to say about the Maihingen."

Well, now I guess it's the other way round. Some people told me something similar to what I noted above, "The action was a very clear breach of trust."

That can quickly bankrupt a manufacturer if they cannot rely on the trust they have placed in their testers.

It has unfortunately happened but I still wish Prospectum success with the Maihingen. With his version, which has already been improved twice, now V1.02, he shows us that he responds to feedback and can continue to improve his version.

cmorgel76 has recorded a work with V1.02:
https://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/54057

I find it very valuable that he gives the channel setting details (everyone should do that!):

"Here is a comparison with direct and indirect settings. The exact settings for the first pass 00:00:
Direct: 88
Indirect: 25
Church: 56
The second pass 01:43
Direct: 31
Indirect: 56
Church: 87
"

Wonderful! I wish you a happy and peaceful advent!

DomD

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 12:15 pm

[quote="vpo-organist"]Adri asked me several times to delete my message. I deleted the reference to his deleted message.

The same for me. I just removed the first part of my answer....but I always think what I wrote.

What I can say now is that Prospectum has made a version 1.03. I've tested it. And clearly.... it's the best of all versions.

adri

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 2:23 pm

vpo-organist wrote:I've changed my post from Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:28 pm

TO VPO and Dominique:

I have kindly requested that any reference to me, and anything I allegedly said, when there is no such text, will be now permanently deleted, as I do not wish to get embroiled in this controversy and have other reasons to stay clear of this discussion.

Please respect that. I would do the same for you.

I wish to proceed without "bad blood" between anyone.

Thanks.
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments