It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 pm

Buckeburg voicing / can't voice question

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

1961TC4ME

Buckeburg voicing / can't voice question

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 12:01 pm

Hello all,

I had a quick question regarding the recently released Buckeburg free sample set from Sonus Paradisi. I recently installed the free set and went to do some voicing last night and discovered that some of the stops you can voice and some you can not. I checked the Sonus Paradisi site to see if there's any mention of this and I'm not finding anything.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Marc

mnailor

Re: Buckeburg voicing / can't voice question

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 12:14 pm

It works in Organ settings | Rank voicing -- works on all stops -- but the right click menu omitted it on some. I have the free Janke on Hauptwerk 7.

1961TC4ME

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 12:38 pm

mnailor wrote:It works in Organ settings | Rank voicing -- works on all stops -- but the right click menu omitted it on some. I have the free Janke on Hauptwerk 7.

Thanks, sir!

I thought it was a bit odd that you could voice some stops and not others. I was thinking at first it was a limitation to the free set. Yes, I too have it up and running on v7 and it is a very nice sounding set, I just need to tame a few of the higher pitched ranks, mixtures in particular.

Marc

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 7:26 pm

I have the Buckerburg set and I love it. I am in London at the moment and away from my HW set-up, which is in Wiltshire. However, I seem to remember reading something about some of the stops being extensions of other ranks. If that is the case, then perhaps only the donor pipes can be voiced and not the borrowed ones.

I don't do much voicing, apart from dealing with some resonances in my music room in the lowest octave of 16' stops and the bottom two octaves of 32'. For some organs the 32' seems to be a downward extension of a corresponding 16' stop and voicing has to be done for both of them as a single rank (e.g. a 16' pedal principle going down an additional octave on the voicing screen).

So I think it is likely that you will be able to voice any of the pipes but you may find for some of them that this affects two stops not one.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments