It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

Voicing in the 16 and 32 foot in the pedal

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Jan Loosman

Re: Voicing in the 16 and 32 foot in the pedal

PostMon Jan 16, 2023 11:14 am

Sound absorbing material is not always an option in living rooms because the WAF (wifes acceptance factor) might not allow it.
In another topic about room correction Don Vlazny stated that he had different brand off front speakers in his setup which he could distinguish from each other because of the different tonal balances.
After room correction he found it difficult to hear differences between the two brands.
So you can assume that roomcorrection also corrects sub optimal frequency responses above the lower freq. of Hauptwerk speaker in your setups and it also improves intergration off subwoofers.

Jan

B777Captain

PostMon Jan 16, 2023 6:01 pm

Thanks so much guys!!!!

I can tell I’m already at a disadvantage because of my organ room (living room) as it has all marble flooring and…. I have no furniture in that room except the organ itself… much to the chagrin of my sister who is constantly offering to “furnish” my living room so that it looks like a “home” instead of “just a house”. It seems from reading some posts that, that might be a good idea afterall.

I erroneously thought that since the low frequencies from a subwoofer were non directional, that moving my subwoofers would not do much if anything but I will also try that for my 16 and 32 ft pedal issues on some samples. Odd to me that it isn’t on all samples.

I’m also wondering if I should go back to using Reaper which I started out with back in around 2011 when starting the HW adventure.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mnailor

PostMon Jan 16, 2023 6:12 pm

I wouldn't be in a hurry to deaden the room. I would love to have a live room with marble floors instead of carpet. You can turn down some levels and enjoy the extra the room brings. Then again, if I wanted to merely "reproduce" an organ, I'd buy a great stereo system and just play CDs. I think of Hauptwerk more as a flight simulator for playing pipe organs, not a perfect reproduction of a particular listening perspective for an organ in its building. I'm sure that's not a majority viewpoint.

(My mother looked up at a blank expanse of wall in my music room after we moved here, and said I'd need a large painting. Didn't happen. )
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments