It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:01 pm

Baroque Organ from Zsambek (Hungay) 20/II+P new version

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Baroque Organ from Zsambek (Hungay) 20/II+P new version

PostTue May 16, 2023 8:15 am

I am happy to inform everyone that I made a new version of an old sample set.
Zsámbék is a small town near Budapest (Hungary), 5,000 inhabitants. Norbertine monks built a monastery and a huge church in 1200. The church was destroyed by an earthquake in 1763. The ruins are still visible. Then the monks built a Baroque church The church's organ was built by unknown master in 1770. The organ had one manual with 10 stops. The organ was totally destroyed over time. The organ was rebuilt and expanded by Albert Miklós in 1999. The reconstruction was loaned by using the original pipes.

This was my first organ recording and sample, in 2013. I didn't have good microphones at the time, I made the recording with two handheld recorders, a Tascam dr05 and a Zoom H2n, but I only used the Tascam recording for the sample. And I had very little practice at that time. It's been 10 years since then and I've taken the original recording again and re-processed the raw sample. This is how the new version was made. This is much better quality than the original version and has 4-channel surround sound. But the recording itself is not new, and my old microphones limit the quality. So this sample is not up to the quality of my current samples, but it is much better than the original.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 2 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church.
Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 and v7 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Stereo near, stereo far and 4-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, and far recordings.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 4-6 GB, the surround version requires 8-10 GB for 24-bit loading.

Screenshot
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gerard Lefranc, Nagy Istvan and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.

Important information
Those of my customers who bought the older version of the Zsámbéki sample, please apply, because I will provide them with the renewed pattern for free. The new version received a new ID, so the old version does not need to be deleted, both versions can be used, but the personal settings are not inherited between the two versions.
You can apply and request the new version via the contact form.
Don't worry new customers either, because they can buy this pattern at a very reasonable price.
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments