It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 am

Szentbekkala Organ (Hungary) - new

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Szentbekkala Organ (Hungary) - new

PostFri Jun 23, 2023 5:04 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Orszagh Organ from Szentbekkala (Hungary) . The organ has one manual and pedal and 10 stops. I also made a two-manual extended version.

Szentbékkálla is a village in Káli-basin, Balaton-Highlands, Hungary. It has a population of 230, which is doubled by the number of holiday homes. The first written record of the village dates back to 1273. The village got its name from the conquering Kál clan and the Benedictine monastery that stood in the Middle Ages.

The parish church of was built in the 1790s in the Baroque style. The 10-register mechanical organ with one manual and pedal was built by Sándor Ország from Budapest in 1869. The characteristic feature of the organ is the accordion register built into the playing table. The organ was restored in 2008 by Albert Miklós, master organ architect from Győr, and since then it has been used for liturgy and summer concerts.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=435 Hz. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church.
Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 and v7 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Stereo near, stereo far and six-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, and far an rear recordings.
In addition to the original layout, the commercial version also includes a two-manual extended layout, making the organ suitable for playing Renaissance and Baroque works. We are also making a "lite" version that contains only the original layout and requires minimal hardware.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 4-7 GB, the surround version requires 8-14 GB for 24-bit loading.
We created an IR Reverb file for Hauptwerk 5-7 users, which we recommend for the near version.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
I owe special thanks to Bence Tokodi, who obtained the permission to record the organ, and to Father Péter Czár, the church's parish priest. The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gerard Lefranc, Nagy Istvan and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.
(Augustine)

Return to Hauptwerk instruments