It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

Angster Organs From Kormend v2 (44/III+P)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Angster Organs From Kormend v2 (44/III+P)

PostSun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my renewed sample set of Angster organs from Kormend (Hungary) . The organ has three manuals and pedal and 48 stops.

Kormend is a city in Western Hungary in Vas County. It is a market town with a population of 11,000.
The city was already inhabited in the Middle Ages. The city is famous because the famous ophthalmologist László Batthyany-Strattmann (1870-1931) lived here, who treated poor patients for free in his hospital, and the Catholic Church recently beatified him.
More than 60% of the population is Catholic, and only 4% is Lutheran. St. Elizabeth parish church was built in the XV. century in late-Gothic style. The church was rebuilt in 1730 in Baroque style. The Lutheran church was built in 1888 in neo-Gothic style.
The organ of the Lutheran church was built by József Angster in 1893. This is a very beautiful, small, two-manual, 17-register mechanical organ with a romantic layout, which with its original layout has weathered the storms of history, and was restored by Albert Miklós in 1995 based on the designs of Gábor Lehotka.
The organ of the Catholic church was also built by József Angster, but 17 years later, in 1910. It is a pneumatic organ with two manuals and 23 registers. This organ went through many vicissitudes, it was rebuilt several times and baroqueized according to the taste of the time. The organ is currently in good condition, but not authentic.
I made sound samples for both organs in 2015 and these samples were part of my collection until recently. Because these small organs were primarily built for liturgical purposes, they are therefore less suitable for organ concerts. In the 2023 offseason, I reprocessed the 2015 raw recording, starting from the basics. I have improved my processing technique a lot in 9 years, so I expected the new version to be more beautiful and better than the previous one. While working, I came up with the idea that the sounds of the two organs could be combined. The unification was possible because the organs were built by the same master, and the acoustics of the two churches are similar. Since the disposition of the two organs differed significantly, after the merger a composite was created which, in addition to the liturgical service, is also suitable for playing ropmantic and baroque organ works. These two organs were the property of two competing parishes, but now the atmosphere has become fraternal. My hope is that this composite also serves ecumenism, the aspiration that Christians stick together, because they have one shepherd: Jesus Christ.

I have discontinued the distribution of the two old organ samples, instead of them here is the newly completed composite.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 2.5 - 3 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church.
Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5-v8 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Stereo near, stereo far and six-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, and far an rear recordings.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 8-12 GB, the surround version requires 17-22 GB for 16-24-bit loading.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work. My friend cantor Dezső Papp, who was born in Körmend and served for a long time in the Catholic church in Körmend, helped me with the recording of the organs. I hope that he will also like the new arrangement.
(Augustine)

Return to Hauptwerk instruments