It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm

Michelotto organ sample set (III/71): finally released!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Andrea75

Michelotto organ sample set (III/71): finally released!

PostSat Mar 09, 2024 3:53 am

After a rather long time, dedicated - in addition to the processing of the sample set - also to study and research both on audio post-production and on the compilation of the ODF, ANDREA BONZI - SAMPLE SET DI ORGANI ITALIANI is pleased to announce the release of the first sample set of a certain size.
This is the replica of a rather particular and unconventional pipe organ, for the description of which please refer to the information page on our website. In summary, the organ has three manuals and a pedalboard with 53 stops in the original instrument, increased up to 71 in the Hauptwerk version: the style is eclectic and the very well characterized personality of the stops allows the execution - or rather the interpretation practically of the entire organ repertoire, also proving excellent for improvisation.
The HW version faithfully reproduces all the complex functions of the console of the original pipe organ, expressly designed for concert use.
Everything is enhanced by the impressive acoustics of the church of S. Maria delle Grazie al Naviglio - we measured up to 10 seconds on some frequency bands: a rich but surprisingly clear and never "muddy" reverberation, also thanks to the particular positions of the microphones for each of the three perspectives (+ dry) available in the set.
We hope that the considerable efforts and time invested in the production of this sample set have led to a high-quality product that can be appreciated by the community: we are very keen to underline that the entire proceeds from the sale of the sample set are donated to the parish of S. Maria to finance the maintenance of the original pipe organ.

The sample set will be presented with a concert by Maestro Roberto Lomurno, owner of the pipe organ of S. Maria al Naviglio, on Youtube on Sunday 10 March 2024 at 9pm Italian time.
Andrea Bonzi, Milan

http://www.andreabonzi.it
http://www.hauptwerk.andreabonzi.it

"... di lor non ragioniam, ma guarda e passa..." (Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia)

JulianMoney-Kyrle

Re: Michelotto organ sample set (III/71): finally released!

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 6:48 pm

I can't find the price on your Web site. How much is the full sample set?

Roglu

Re: Michelotto-Orgel-Samplet (III/71): endlich veröffentlich

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 3:18 am

Until March 31, 2024, the full version is offered at the promotional price of
€ 240.00  (-20% on the full price of €300.00 effective from 1 April 2024).

Andrea75

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 3:28 am

The sample set is on introductory offer at €240.00 - all included - until March 31, 2024; from April 1st the full price will be €300.00. As already mentioned, and as explained on the information page, the proceeds are entirely donated to the parish of S. Maria for the maintenance of the pipe organ.

The price of the sample set, with payment instructions, is indicated in the email replying to the demo request, as usual - at least for now - in my productions: at this stage of our activity we still prefer to stick to this standard. I highly recommend requesting the demo to understand, despite a limited selection of stops, the overall quality of the work.
I take this opportunity to point out that yesterday evening (9pm Italian time) the premiere of the inauguration of the sample set by Maestro Lomurno took place, with a rich and demanding program that demonstrates the possibilities of the instrument very well. The video is available on Roberto Lomurno's Youtube channel, with a detailed introduction (in Italian) to the pipe organ and the sample set: I highly recommend listening to the pieces ranging from Bach to Frank and Boellmann.

EDIT: thanks Rogiu, you got ahead of me.
Andrea Bonzi, Milan

"... di lor non ragioniam, ma guarda e passa..." (Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia)

vpo-organist

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 4:38 am

> Complete version, multichannel:
> 20 bit, direct-console-distant: 26,327 GB

Is the information really correct? With 10s of acoustics, that seems very little to me.

A comparable sampleset is the Alessandria by P. Graboswki, which needs 28 GB (16-bit) and 56 GB (24-bit) with 47 stops and 6 channels.

Andrea75

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 5:55 am

Absolutely correct, measured during loading.
This is exactly one of the strengths of the sample set: it requires relatively limited RAM resources (while instead requiring a good processor to manage polyphony).
As explained on the web page, which I suggest you read more carefully, the original pipes organ makes a certain use of borrowing, with very well calculated solutions that greatly amplify the possibilities: in the sample set we have obviously maintained this structure, and the extensions - even if almost all of them correspond to real ranks - they are not large enough to compromise the (relative) lightness of the installation package.
Andrea Bonzi, Milan

Return to Hauptwerk instruments