It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:10 am

Wanted: Pedalboard 32 key

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

rtucker9

Wanted: Pedalboard 32 key

PostFri Jan 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Greetings,

Looking for a pedalboard, with a number of 32 keys. Anybody have experience with pedamidikit.org? If you google 32 key pedalboard there is one listed for 1,700 USD but the italian made pedamidikit.org brand sells them for 1000 USD it appears. Any input will be appreciated, thanks!

scottherbert

Re: Wanted: Pedalboard 32 key

PostFri Jan 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Watch Craigslist and Ebay! Sometimes (rarely) an organ with 32 note pedalboard can show up on Craigslist for free, or for a very low price. Often, they are old, heavy and/or not fully functional, but if you are only going for parts, why not? I have seen Allen, Rogers, Conn, Baldwin, and even some Thomas 32 note organs there, some free, most under $100. Same goes for Ebay where you can find just the pedalboard, although with them, there is the issue of shipping!

Good luck,
~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

engrssc

Sylvaticus

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 8:36 am

I have one from an Allen custom organ I would give you if you are close enough pick it up (in WI, USA) ...

rtucker9

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks for the feedback, Scott, Ed and Sylvaticus. The issue I have with buying a pedalboard from an allen organ is I do not have the expertise to retrofit it for midi. Ill have to search the Forum for I suspect that this topic has already been covered somewhere else. I know youtube user musicanim who does the classical music scrolling midi videos has a part on his website of his experience with it. It does seem like it would be rewarding, though requiring patience, and asking an ignoramus such as me to learn something new and to understand justhow this vital organ component works, making sure all 32 "buttons" register when pressed!

Sylvaticus

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 11:42 am

I found it pretty straightforward with Roman Sowa's (Midi-Hardware) "Pedscan" board; just attach the circuit board to the pedal assembly, wire it up, add a 5VDC power supply (I used a cheap plugin transformer such as comes with any number of small consumer electronics, suitably chosen for voltage and current - measure with a multimeter to be sure the idle voltage falls within specs, as the board draws negligible current) and you're set. You can look over the manual (download on his site) for the circuit board and see if it makes sense; I'm guessing it would eventually, and you can inquire here if there is anything that seems tricky. This board also allows you to connect an expression pedal, which of course can be selected as swell, crescendo, or volume pedal (among others) in Hauptwerk.

Doubtless there are many other ways to do it using different boards, but I found the Midi-Hardware board reliable, cheap, and very sensibly designed. No need for programming the board; it is all set up to work correctly, for this application, as is.

johnh

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 2:50 pm

scottherbert

PostSat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 pm

Always remember, you learn by doing! Try and fail, you learn what not to do. Try again, and again, finally success, and you will be an expert and be able to teach someone else!!! :D

Never EVER be afraid to try something new, unless it hurts! :roll:

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)