It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am

Rodgers Olympian 3 manual organ for sale

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

mikemclaren

Rodgers Olympian 3 manual organ for sale

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 10:50 am

Selling on behalf of a friend a beautiful 3 manual Rodgers Olympian 330 organ.
Although I understand the organ works it really does lend itself as a donor for the mother of all Hauptwerks projects.
The case is of similar dimensions to a Wurlitzer 216 series. Very similar to the 320/321 series but also has a full compliment of toe pistons.
Full pedal board.
A really unusual reason for sale. My friend bought a house and the organ was left in the back room by the previous owner who I believe now plays the harp in a high up place.
The organ is located in north east England not too far from Darlington.
Happy to take enquiries or to the owner direct to Stuart on 07798 835465 who can provide pictures.
If I had the room I would take it, its beautiful.

ldeutsch

Re: Rodgers Olympian 3 manual organ for sale

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 2:54 pm

According to my records, the Rodgers 330 was called "Providence." My guess is that your organ is a 333, which was called "Olympic". This is a big difference because the 330 was a concert organ while the 333 was a theater organ. Both of these are too old to have MIDI as standard equipment. If MIDI has been added, the buyer will likely want to know this as it is needed to run Hauptwerk.

Les

rayjcar

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 4:35 pm

As one who has converted an Olympic 333 to Hauptwerk, I can vouch that this is an ideal candidate for a virtual theatre pipe organ. The keyboards are wood core, and very reliable. The pedalboard has reed switches, and to AGO spec. There are 90+ SAMS, 6 general pistons, and 4 divisional pistons per manual, as well as 10 toe studs If the organ has a transposer, there will be another 9 pistons on the solo manual. There are three expression pedals.

The only real shortcoming is the lack of second touch. That was available only on the 340 and 360 models.

If you are careful in gutting the electronics, you can preserve the wiring harnesses for the manuals.pistons and SAMS totally intact, and avoid virtually any splicing.

Be aware that this beast weights about 600 pounds with the pedal board removed, and the console depth without pedal board is 32-1/2".

There were only about 80 of these made, and they are now extremely rare in unmodified condition. If you can make room for it, get it. You won't be sorry.

Ray

mikemclaren

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am

Hi
Happy to confirm its the 333. Apparently a missed 3 means a lot. Ironically in its day the organ probably cost more than the house it now lives in. As you rightly say at over 42 stone, 600lb or about 270kg whatever your currency is this is a heavy instrument. My guess its cost and dimension will have been the holding point if only 80 were made.
I have scary memories of a Wurlitzer G36 which all be it slightly smaller and only a 2 manual instrument was rarer than hens teeth. I spent more time in the back than I did around the front of it. Sadly that had to be cut up due to dimensions. Although I'm a Hauptwerks buff I'm also lucky enough to have the real thing just over a mile away from me, a beautifully restored Wurlitzer 3 x 19 which understandably dampens the enthusiasm to undertake a large project like this.
Someone out there will be looking for something like this.
Checking the spec a MIDI socket would have had the edge on the 100W amplifiers.

matbruce

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 8:55 pm

Hello,
Is this still available?
I'm interested and based in the east of england.
I look forward to hearing back.
Matt

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)