It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:18 am

Wanted: Fatar CMK3 keyboardnwith or without pistons

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Wanted: Fatar CMK3 keyboardnwith or without pistons

PostMon Oct 11, 2021 2:09 pm

I looking for a CMK3 keyboard for my Haupwerk, with or without pistons. Standard white keys.

engrssc

Re: Wanted: Fatar CMK3 keyboardnwith or without pistons

Antoni Scott

PostMon Oct 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Do you have any used ones ?

gecko

PostTue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 am

Where are you? I have a 3-manual CMK (not 3; the original CMK) stack I'm going to be getting rid of soon (will post an announcement here), but I can't ship it. Pick-up or delivery in the New York City area.
I still have a very small website
http://dustyfeet.com

Antoni Scott

PostTue Oct 12, 2021 7:05 am

To Gecko:
I don't even know what Fatar kyboards I have. They are 2008 vintage plastic keys with 20 square pistons. I live in Florida but will visit Pa in a month. I could pick up keyboard. How much do you want for a keyboard ?
Antoni

gecko

PostTue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 am

(responded in private)

gecko

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 8:36 am

Antoni, please check your private messages. Click here:

ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

Antoni Scott

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi Gecko:
I'm going to try and replace the contact strips first before I consider replacing the entire keybard.
Antoni

gecko

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 8:08 am

Hi, Antoni -

OK. I'll post an announcement for anyone else here in a couple of days. Good luck with your project.

best,
Stuart

Antoni Scott

Fatar Keyboard Repair Update.

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 7:43 am

For anyone considering purchasing a new keyboard because their present keyboard has a cipher problem caused by a bad contact strip, replacing the contact strips in my Fatar keyboard was far easier that I expected.
I was able to purchase these inexpensive strips ( $5 per octave) from Classic Midi in Canada. Each strip has 12 contacts except for the top octave that has 13 contacts. Installing a contact strip was as easy as pulling the old strip out and replacing the new one. The strips have tiny little plugs on them that fit neatly into little holes on the keyboard circuit board. No solder or glue is required.

I'm sure these strips are available all over the Internet (they all look the same) but I didn't want to take the chance that there might be a slight or subtle difference between manufactureres that probably all use the same strips.

The crude strips have bubble like contacts that are squeezed flat then a key is depressed. I'm not complaining about having to purchase/install these contact strips because the keyboard is 2008 vintage and the keys have been probably depressed tens of thousands of times. The contact trips are a quantum less expensive that a keyboard and as it turns out, easy to replace. As a precaution against becoming obsolete, I purchased five octaves worth of strips should another key contact become problematic.

The biggest issue was actually trying to find out what my cipher problem was actually being caused by. Since the problematic keyboard was second from the bottom. I had to remove the top two to get to the third keyboard. In the interim, I reinstalled the top two keyboards and reprogrammed the new keyboard positions to access the correct division. Division 3 and 4 were accessed by the third and now top keyboard. After repairing the contact strip and returning it to the console, it was an easy procedure to reassign the four keyboard to their appropriate divisions.
Antoni

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)