It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

Inquiring minds want to know...

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

jrball

Inquiring minds want to know...

PostTue Sep 06, 2022 2:37 pm

Over the years I have nurtured spare parts into a somewhat credible (incredible) 5-manual console.
Over the years I have also grown older so maybe it's time to do something with it.
One option may be to try to locate a music school with an organ program or to an crafts/electronic school to fiddle with.
What do you think? Should I try to sell it, part it out, donate it, or scrap it?
It's working today but you never know.

5 Allen manuals with my custom built reed switches and 20 pistons each
5 Swell pedals (2 have non-standard resistor arrangements)
Allen Pedal board
15 Toe pistons, not mounted yet but provided for in the midi-hardware layout
Midi-Hardware electronics (2 masters and 8 i/o)
Allen Bench
Custom solid Oak frame and desk
Custom adjustable music rack
Rolling platform made from swell shades.
Can be taken apart for moving
All in nice shape and working

Pictured on my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I will keep the two touch sensitive monitors and build another small console with two M-Audio keyboards and no pedal.
I don't play very well so that will satisfy both artistic and physical space needs.

larason2

Re: Inquiring minds want to know...

PostTue Sep 06, 2022 6:52 pm

Virginia is a bit far for me, but I would say the parts you've put together are pretty good quality, and in general pretty desirable. You may well be able to find someone to take them here, but if not, try the Organ Forum, the Hauptwerk facebook page, and your local facebook matketplace/Craigslist/Kijiji. If all these don't work, then I'm sure you'll be able to sell them piecemeal. If you're willing to ship them, I'd go for 4 of the keyboards! (I could get craters and freighters to come pack them up!)

giwro

PostThu Sep 08, 2022 4:54 pm

You might get more responses if you share a price (unless you prefer to do that privately)

I might be interested in something like this, but since I’d need to drive and get it,….
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

jrball

PostThu Sep 08, 2022 5:37 pm

I hadn't thought about pricing yet.
It's definitely a hobbiest console. So much to play with. Comes with an extra opto bar that I didn't finish and lots of spare magnets, and electronic stuff. Also the toe pistons are in a box waiting on their fate.
Would $2000 be in the ballpark. I think it might part out for about that much.
BTW I also have a few boxes of organ music and about 50 boxes of music books and scores and a few boxes of organ LPs.

larason2

PostThu Sep 08, 2022 7:41 pm

I think $2000 is very reasonable, I would take the 4 keyboards for that! I have experience with Allen manuals and they are solid and good quality. I understand if you would rather send all the parts away together though.

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)