It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 pm

New album made w/ Müller Sint Bavokerk (Voxus)

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

aah

New album made w/ Müller Sint Bavokerk (Voxus)

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,

My latest project, "Der Lehrling der Fuga" (The Apprentice of Fugue), has been recorded virtually using Hauptwerk with the Müller organ of Sint Bavokerk sample set from Voxus.

https://aaronandrewhunt.bandcamp.com/al ... g-der-fuga

This project represents my attempt to understand the techniques and forms Bach shows us in "Die Kunst der Fuga" (The Art of Fugue). I realise this might seem slightly ridiculous, so I hope you’ll keep an open mind. It is 20 pieces arranged in six Parts: Contrapunctus 1-4, 5-7, 8-11, 12a-13b, four canons, and a final fugue. Each Part is introduced with a short text (found in the liner notes). Since Bach’s “unfinished fugue” has appeared in all editions of BWV1080, even though we know now it doesn't belong to the Art of Fugue, my work also closes with a multi-subject fugue: a Fuga a 5 soggetti (not three, but five subjects).

Thanks go to Hauptwerk for making this recording possible, and to Voxus for making such a magnificent instrument available (which is quite expensive, but worth every penny I think). This organ is truly pleasure to work with. As a very small-time non-professional organist myself, I never got to play any big instruments like this in real life. I had to “re-learn” my registration technique to figure out how to use this organ, which balances and blends in a completely different way than I am used to. I’m very happy with the result, which sounds remarkably close to a real instrument to my ears. See what you think!

Warm Greetings from Germany, with peace and blessings for the holidays and the new year.
Aaron Andrew Hunt

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)