It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 am

Hauptwer 6 Installed and Working

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Don Springer

Hauptwer 6 Installed and Working

PostWed Nov 25, 2020 4:16 pm

I notice improvement in the sound engine. I use mostly LFO trem, and I believe I detect improvement. Upgrade was easy.

mdyde

Re: Hauptwer 6 Installed and Working

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 5:24 am

Thanks very much, Don. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

OrganoPleno

Re: Hauptwerk 6 Installed and Working

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 3:55 pm

I would like to add that this upgrade (from 5.0.1 to 6.0.2) was the smoothest and cleanest Hauptwerk installation or upgrade yet. By installing HW-6 directly on top of the existing HW-5 installation, all of my user settings were carried forward correctly, including Keyboards, Expression Shoes, Pistons, and Saved Registrations (including those for the Stepper).

Previously, there were various check-boxes that had to be checked or unchecked in various ways in order to carry forward (or NOT to carry forward) these various User Settings. It was always pretty scary, and never quite clear just what was happening... even though I did eventually have success upgrading from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1).

This time around... No Problem! Congratulations on a beautiful Program, and a much-improved Interface for the Installation or Upgrade.

Now looking forward to checking out all of those new Features... including the 96 kHz Audio... as soon as I catch my breath!

fdewitt

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 3:33 am

I also would agree! Installation of 6.02 was a breeze and I am very happy with the great sounds!!

mdyde

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 4:32 am

Thanks very much, both of you. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.

ddcaruso

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 am

Hello,

I successfully upgraded from ver. 4 to VI yesterday, and was pleased with the result. While finicky, the process is clearly explained and I had no real trouble. However, I do have a question about migrating licenses: I have only one organ (Mt. Carmel) that I purchased some years ago and have the installation CD for.

I do know that I need to purchase the license migration (which, btw, is not easy to find on the website - clicking that link only takes you to the form, which, if you have not purchased a license migration, only tells you to log in. Can't the purchase and form both be on the same page to save confusion and searching?). However, I am unclear about how to re-install the Mt. Carmel Skinner after I've migrated the license. Use the CD? Ask for a download link? I apologise for asking if the answer is obvious - I've searched and haven't found the clear steps I seem to need.

Thanks!
Diane

mdyde

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 11:52 am

Thanks, Diane.

ddcaruso wrote:However, I am unclear about how to re-install the Mt. Carmel Skinner after I've migrated the license. Use the CD? Ask for a download link? I apologise for asking if the answer is obvious - I've searched and haven't found the clear steps I seem to need.

Once you've migrated the sample set licence and activated them on your iLok dongle (or to iLok Cloud), you need to install the v5+ compatible version of the sample set. The download links for v5+ MDA sample sets are here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988

(The v4 version of the sample set can't be used in v5+, so your original CD can be discarded.)
Best regards, Martin.

ddcaruso

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Fantastic! Thanks so much for the prompt reply, and the links.

Diane

mdyde

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 12:22 pm

Thanks, Diane. Hope you enjoy v6.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to General discussion