It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:17 am

Full screen mode in macOS

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Contrebass16

Full screen mode in macOS

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 6:19 am

This is my first post on this forum, so I'd like to say a big hello to you all! :D
I have a question regarding the issue, that on macOS 10.13 and later Hauptwerk does not start in full-screen mode when before closed in this mode: Is there any chance that this issue will be fixed in near future? I know it depends on the multi-platform library which Hauptwerk uses internally, but maybe there’s a solution already in sight … Maybe that other mac users are interested in this topic, too. Well, it isn't extremely important, but for me it's always sort of a little "blemish" within this terrific software ...

Best regards,
Peter

mdyde

Re: Full screen mode in macOS

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 6:31 am

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the forum!

Whilst we do aim to move to newer platform versions (which may also involve changes to the minimum prerequisite platforms on which Hauptwerk could be run) in the longer-term, it was decided not to do that for v6. Hence that known issue will need to remain for v6, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Glad you're enjoying Hauptwerk in other respects, though,
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Contrebass16

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 am

Hello Martin,

well, I understand that completely. As I said, it's not a significant problem, either. In any case, thank you for the information.

Best regards
Peter

mdyde

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 6:48 am

Thanks, Peter.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Frank_VTPO

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 4:07 pm

Dear Peter,
I use a Mac Mini with OS10.13.6, too. Actually, I had to update to this version to be able to install HW V and VI over vs. 4. I have noticed the same issue with the full-screen mode. Thus, I now have programmed two pistons to not have to use the mouse: Piston 1: "VIEW maximize" and Piston 2: "VIEW full screen".
After I start the computer, HW is not in full screen mode, but Piston 2 is already lit and thus pressing it once again does not change to full screen. However, when I press Piston 1 and thereafter Piston 2, all is fine.
Both piston functions are accesible in the General menu (global menu functions, advanced ...) at the very bottom.
Regards,
Frank

Contrebass16

PostThu Apr 01, 2021 7:19 am

Dear Frank,

thank you very much for this fine suggestion. I really was not aware that the screen view parameters could be set to pistons. I'll try that out right away, still have a few free pistons on my console.

Thank you very much, best regards,
Peter

Return to Technical support