It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:34 pm

Azzio blower and the "Record" function

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Andrew Grahame

Azzio blower and the "Record" function

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 7:08 am

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. When starting a recording with the Azzio sample set (Piotr Grabowski) the blower shuts off as soon as "Record Start" is activated. It then has to re-start and bring the "wind" up to pressure, resulting in a short but significant delay, before playing can commence. If you don't wait but start playing as soon as you've put the stops on, the first few notes played sound are as one would expect with the wind pressure still building up. I've explored the various options and settings and can't find a way to keep the blower on all the time independently of starting a recording.

mdyde

Re: Azzio blower and the "Record" function

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 7:17 am

Hello Andrew,

[Topic moved here.]

Hauptwerk always resets the organ when starting recording (if and only if the 'Record MIDI' option is ticked), so that the MIDI files start from the organ's default state and contain any initial registration/etc. changes. There's no option to avoid that when recording MIDI.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Andrew Grahame

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 7:36 am

Thanks Martin.

randallschmid

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm

You could download and use the free software "Audacity" to trim the beginning of your wav file.

This is done in Audacity by importing your wav file, highlighting the section of the file you want to delete (hold down left-mouse and drag), then press "delete". You can audition your changes in Audacity. When you are satisfied, chose file-->export to save the modified wav file.

Andrew Grahame

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 6:35 pm

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your suggestion. I routinely use Audacity as you suggest. However, editing the final recorded output is not the main issue. I was puzzled as to why this particular sample set functions in this fashion when the "record" function is activated. None of my other sample sets shuts the "blower" down upon start-up of the recording function. Martin has answered this question - it's related to the organ's default state as defined by the sample set producer.

mdyde

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 2:19 am

Hello Andrew,

It might just be that the Azzio's wind system is relatively slow to come up to pressure.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Andrew Grahame

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 2:24 am

It would appear so, Martin.

Return to Technical support