It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

HW mp3 file to iMovie.. How?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

B777Captain

HW mp3 file to iMovie.. How?

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 8:35 pm

Hi Gang...

I’m having a somewhat complicated time in what I thought would be very easy task... simply transferring a HW mp3 file on a USB from the PC HW computer to my iPad and into iMovie.... and would appreciate some suggestions as to how to accomplish this easier.

I thought this would be rather simple but when I connect the USB to my iPad into iMovie, the mp3 file was not there. I eventually found it but it was very hidden and not in plain sight as I anticipated in the world of Mac and it’s drag ‘n drop world.

Even after I did find the mp3 file it wouldn’t load onto iMovie. Is it the proverbial Mac vs Microsoft issue that they don’t play well together?

Also curious if this is how you all make the nice YouTube Videos... by combining the HW recording into iMovie along with the Video and match them up and voila.... A Wonderful Sounding Video!!

Thanks for any guidance on this.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

ldeutsch

Re: HW mp3 file to iMovie.. How?

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 10:59 pm

I'm not a PC expert, but this ought to work. Locate the MP3 file on you Windows machine and attach it to an email. Mail it to yourself, open it on your iPad and drag (or copy and paste) the attachment into iMovie.

Les

B777Captain

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Thank you Les! That’s actually a really good idea!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Andrew Grahame

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 1:43 pm

You could also transfer the file via a cloud service such as Google Drive or Dropbox. This would be worth considering in the event that the file to transfer might be too big to become an email attachment.

Return to General discussion