It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 am

Installing Hauptwerk on a Viscount 40 organ

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Edmundsson

Installing Hauptwerk on a Viscount 40 organ

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi,
I need help to install Hauptwerk on my Viscount 40 organ.
Can I get some help and advice, please?

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Installing Hauptwerk on a Viscount 40 organ

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Hello Edmunsson,

Having no knowledge about the Viscount 40 organ it is hard to guide you exactly, but I'm assuming that your console is "MIDI ready", meaning that it has a MIDI out and MIDI in connector (and sometimes a MIDI thru). The important one is the MIDI out.

If you check your console User manual, you should find a section about MIDI implementation who will explain in detail how MIDI is implemented on your console.

In summary

- Read in the Hauptwerk Installation and User Guide (a copy was installed on your computer desktop when you installed Hauptwerk) at least the sections "Prerequisites page 14+, Installation Background p21+, Quick start p37+

- You will need to connect your console (MIDI OUT) to the computer using a MIDI to USB cable, or to a MIDI/Audio interface using a MIDI cable (console MIDI out to Interface MIDI IN).

- On your console you may have some stops labelled MIDI to GREAT, MIDI to SWELL to activate MIDI on your console so the division(s) transmit(s) MIDI messages when pressing keys on the keyboards. Other organs have options who must be set to ON (MIDI ON) in their menu configuration system. Again your user manual should guide you about setting up your console.

Hope that helps.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

engrssc

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 3:42 pm

First, Welcome. Can we assume you are planning to use Version 6?
Have you received the license and downloaded it?
Also do you have an iLok account?

Have you looked thru (read) the Version 6.0.2 User Guide?

https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/

Rgds,
Ed

Edmundsson

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 am

micdev wrote:Hello Edmunsson,

Having no knowledge about the Viscount 40 organ it is hard to guide you exactly, but I'm assuming that your console is "MIDI ready", meaning that it has a MIDI out and MIDI in connector (and sometimes a MIDI thru). The important one is the MIDI out.

If you check your console User manual, you should find a section about MIDI implementation who will explain in detail how MIDI is implemented on your console.

In summary

- Read in the Hauptwerk Installation and User Guide (a copy was installed on your computer desktop when you installed Hauptwerk) at least the sections "Prerequisites page 14+, Installation Background p21+, Quick start p37+

- You will need to connect your console (MIDI OUT) to the computer using a MIDI to USB cable, or to a MIDI/Audio interface using a MIDI cable (console MIDI out to Interface MIDI IN).

- On your console you may have some stops labelled MIDI to GREAT, MIDI to SWELL to activate MIDI on your console so the division(s) transmit(s) MIDI messages when pressing keys on the keyboards. Other organs have options who must be set to ON (MIDI ON) in their menu configuration system. Again your user manual should guide you about setting up your console.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks for your reply. I am just a new beginner to all this, but hoping to get closer to how to install the Hauptwerk program

Regards

Jan Terje Edmundsson

Edmundsson

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 5:22 am

engrssc wrote:First, Welcome. Can we assume you are planning to use Version 6?
Have you received the license and downloaded it?
Also do you have an iLok account?

Have you looked thru (read) the Version 6.0.2 User Guide?

https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/

Rgds,
Ed

Thank you, Ed

I am totaly new to all this, but i have signed for a 14 days free trial of Hauptwerk. I also have the Ilok account and have read the guide. But there are so many terms new to me, and lack of knowledge to this. But i am hoping to learn more

Regards

Jan Terje Edmundsson

Return to Technical support