It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

Hauptwerk 4.2 Installation

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

JULISHUFFLE

Hauptwerk 4.2 Installation

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 6:15 am

Hello,
Is it possible to get a download link for Hauptwerk version 4.2? I already installed and used it in the past but lately I couldn‘t open it and so unistalled it. I wanted to reinstall it but I can‘t find a link to get the programm. :?:

engrssc

Re: Hauptwerk 4.2 Installation

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 7:44 am

Unfortunately HW 4.2 is no longer supported or available. If you made a back up, perhaps that could be made to work.

Rgds,
Ed

IainStinson

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 10:31 am

I believe those who bought HW 4.2 are getting 12 months support from the date of purchase. I don’t believe 4.2 was available for purchase once HW 5 was released (December 2019).
Iain

IBDFox

PostSat Jul 10, 2021 11:58 am

Moving HW 4.2.1 to a new computer

I am going down the same electronic rabbit hole as others have. My win.7 machine started to fail.
I use the Artisan system to run a Rodgers 340 VTO with HW and the Paramount 320 Organ along with a Launchpad mini mk1. The system ran flawlessly running HW v4.2 since August 2013.
My wife put together a rather over powered win.10 machine for the organ. HW would not recognize my Launchpad mini mk1 as it had before. In the past when I would link a Para 320 button or tab to it I would get a HW screen that would allow me to choose a color to light that button. Now nothing, just the generic screen, no lights.
My dongle, Hasp-HL 3.25, will light and stay on. It seems what ever was on it the computer will not see it.
After spending several hours linking the 340 and the Para 320 tabs and features together I tried to reinstall all my combinations stored in the system only to get an error message about”The selected license update”.....Message code 4144. Unfortunately for me, when I hit OK it blew away everything I had just installed. The problem was HW wanted v4.2 to load the saved info. I've also gotten XML parsing code error at line one...code 1108.
I had been advised by two people in the business that Midi and win.10 don't play well together because of some latency issues. My wife rebuilt my old win 7 machine, now in use on the system, which has resolved other issues.
Just yesterday the audio started to act up. After a few minutes the audio will go to half volume, then slowly fades to nothing. I have to restart the audio, then it starts again to fade after a few minutes.
I'm very sorry if this seems all disjointed, but I can't seem to keep up with all the problems that have arisen with the system. How do I get the saved diagnostic file to you?
Thanks,

Mike

mdyde

PostSat Jul 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Hello Mike,

Sorry to hear about all the problems on your new PC.

IBDFox wrote:How do I get the saved diagnostic file to you?

We no longer officially support Hauptwerk v4, I'm afraid, but if you wanted to upgrade to the current version (v6) then we could help you officially.

Failing that, here are some unofficial brief points/suggestions, in case they help:

IBDFox wrote:I had been advised by two people in the business that Midi and win.10 don't play well together because of some latency issues. My wife rebuilt my old win 7 machine, now in use on the system, which has resolved other issues.

The vast majority of Hauptwerk users use Windows 10 these days, and we've never had any problem reported with getting MIDI to work properly on it, compared to Windows 7. However, Windows 7 should be fine too.

IBDFox wrote:My dongle, Hasp-HL 3.25, will light and stay on. It seems what ever was on it the computer will not see it.

If in doubt, try (re-)installing the drivers for it:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19710&p=147779&hilit=hasp#p147779

IBDFox wrote:After spending several hours linking the 340 and the Para 320 tabs and features together I tried to reinstall all my combinations stored in the system only to get an error message about”The selected license update”.....Message code 4144.

If you got that error message you must (perhaps accidentally) have tried to use the 'File | Apply a license update file ...' menu function. Any given licence update can only be applied once -- once it has been applied the licence is inside your dongle, and it isn't possible or necessary to apply it again. Since you were using everything successfully on your old PC the licences must already be present in the dongle; there is no need to try to apply them again.

IBDFox wrote:After spending several hours linking the 340 and the Para 320 tabs and features together I tried to reinstall all my combinations stored in the system.
The problem was HW wanted v4.2 to load the saved info. I've also gotten XML parsing code error at line one...code 1108.

If you wanted to transfer your existing combinations from your old PC to the new one then you would need to use 'File | Backup ...' on the old PC, then use 'File | Restore ...' on the new one. The 'Backing up and restoring your settings and data: Moving your settings to a new/different computer ...'' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide covers how to do it (pages 28-29 in the v4.2.1 version of the guide).

It's important that you install a version of Hauptwerk that is at least as high as you were previously using (e.g. v4.2.1) -- an older version of Hauptwerk won't be able to use settings/combinations/files that were created by a more recent version.

Hence if you were previously using v4.2.1 then you would need to install v4.2.1 (or above) on your new PC in order to be able to transfer your combinations. (However, MDA no longer has v4.2.1 available for download, so you would need to have a saved copy of the installer if you wanted to install it on a new PC.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

thalben

PostTue May 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Has anyone got a copy of version 4.2 they would be willing to share. ?

dhm

PostTue May 24, 2022 3:46 pm

thalben wrote:Has anyone got a copy of version 4.2 they would be willing to share. ?

As others have stated above, HW v.4 is no longer (officially/legally) available, nor supported.
V.5 and 6 have come and gone. The only version officially available is v.7.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

profeluisegarcia

PostFri May 27, 2022 10:50 pm

dhm wrote:
thalben wrote:Has anyone got a copy of version 4.2 they would be willing to share. ?

As others have stated above, HW v.4 is no longer (officially/legally) available, nor supported.
V.5 and 6 have come and gone. The only version officially available is v.7.

A question please: Does officially/ legally means the same in this context? Shouldn´t we to help a fellow hauptwerkian who perhaps is not very fond of migrating to the new versions apparently more
complex ones?

Luis

Coos Blokhuis

PostThu Sep 01, 2022 6:38 am

JULISHUFFLE wrote:Hello,
Is it possible to get a download link for Hauptwerk version 4.2? I already installed and used it in the past but lately I couldn‘t open it and so unistalled it. I wanted to reinstall it but I can‘t find a link to get the programm. :?:

Hi Julishuffel, I've here the Hauptwerk version 4.2.1003. I can send you a DVD copy.

Greetings,

J. Blokhuis.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)