It is currently Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:18 pm

Problem with image cache

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

wurlitzerwilly

Problem with image cache

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Problem with image cache.

I have an ODF under development from within the CODM and all has been going well, until I just hit a snag.

I am using one overall keyboard definition with images from the Hauptwerk Standard Set. This works fine and has always worked for me in other ODFs.

I have a label defined and decided to use it to control Divisional Cancels, so I moved the parameters to division 7, and it displayed fine. I then used the same image file as the 2nd stage of the control, but when I tried to load the Custom Definition, Hauptwerk gave me an error message.

"Could not load the bitmap image file D:/Hauptwerk/SampleSets/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/OrganInstallationPackages/000001/HauptwerkStandardImages/KeyImageSet001-Down-LastKeyA.bmp - the specified mask bitmap has a different size."

"Message code for (diagnostic purposes): 4410"

and I am unable to load the Custom Definition now, unless the "Force source images to be loaded, bypassing sample set data cache" box is checked.

ISTR I have had this problem on another ODF, but can't remember what the cure was.

At this stage in development, I normally only have the "Force organ definition file to be regenerated" and "Skip all organ definition validation for speed [caution]" boxes checked.

On subsequent loads, it doesn't matter what boxes are checked or unchecked, only "Force source images to be loaded, bypassing sample set data cache" being checked will allow the ODF to load.

When the ODF does load OK, the Divisional Cancel control works fine and behaves just as expected.

As the error message is for something unrelated to the image I was using, is this a cache problem, something I've done wrong, or a bug?
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

mdyde

Re: Problem with image cache

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Hello Alan,

I think you must accidentally have more than ODF using the same organ ID. The IDs need to be unique.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 4:53 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Alan,

I think you must accidentally have more than ODF using the same organ ID. The IDs need to be unique.

Hi Martin.

It is possible that I've loaded two organs with the same ID in the past, but I have none that match the current ID right now.
I'm using ID 801112 at present and this is totally unique to the current project. I want to use ID 001112 but I still have not resolved the problem where Hauptwerk says that number's out of range. For now I can get by using the 8 as the 1st digit until I get that one resolved.

Is it possible that past loading in error on my part is causing the cache problem? Is there any way that I can get Hauptwerk to clear any records so that it only sees the current unique ID?

Having gone away and investigated further, I tried loading the same ODF into Hauptwerk v3.23 running in free mode on a laptop. The result is exactly the same and there is only one other Custom ODF on the laptop, which has a totally different ID.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Hello Alan,

You can create a new cache by choosing Design tools | Load organ (with design options).

design-options.jpg

See also your previous question about the same issues you had here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4634&hilit=+image+cache

Please be sure to use the forum search function and possibly print out these previous replies since it covers the same topics previously discussed here.

As I've replied to you previously via email, if you need us to help you investigatge the organ ID issue please send a diagnostic file and the ODF in question, without those we can troubleshoot all day long whereas we will most likely spot your problem in an instant by having the files here. We tested those organ IDs here and they work fine, so you must have an error somewhere which we would need to have a look at your files to find.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 9:08 pm

B. Milan wrote:Hello Alan,

You can create a new cache by choosing Design options | Load organ (with design options).

See also your previous question about the same issues you had here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4634&hilit=+image+cache

Please be sure to use the forum search function and possibly print out these previous replies since it covers the same topics previously discussed here.

As I've replied to you previously via email, if you need us to help you investigatge the organ ID issue please send a diagnostic file and the ODF in question, without those we can troubleshoot all day long whereas we will most likely spot your problem in an instant by having the files here. We tested those organ IDs here and they work fine, so you must have an error somewhere which we would need to have a look at your files to find.

Hi Bett.

I must beat myself about the head with a wet fish until I remember all previous discussions. :oops:

I did try the Forum's search facility, but obviously used the wrong search word/s, I even tried searching the known bugs and of course found nothing as it isn't a bug. Thanks for the link, that helped a lot.

I didn't realise that it was necessary to use the Load Organ facility, as I was just using the Load Custom Organ facility. I've now done it your way and been successful. Thank you. :D
I think I can now see why there was a problem - on reading your previous explanation about the order in which things are done, I had moved the use of the 'label' in the file, so that's probably what caused it.

Please don't take my comment about the IDs as a further complaint. I only made mention so that Martin could see what I am using and that there is uniqueness. I will certainly send you the ODF in due course, but I wanted it in a 'cleaner' state before sending as there's a lot of commented out stuff in there and it would probably cause confusion.

Thanks again Brett. I can now go back to beavering away and being a happy parrot. :lol:
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)